Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My Brother, My Friend... R.I.P




I have a very difficult time looking into my past without "seeing" and or "remembering" the times that I despise. There are SOOO many. Yesterday, I received news that Pete, (my youngest son's Godfather, "Uncle PE-BAH") passed away. He was 41. I was transported to the days when his laughter filled rooms! I can remember Pete with his beautiful long hair.

I used to braid it for him before he would step into the show ring as THEE handler for (at the time) our dog "Jet" who Championed out in the show ring because of Pete. 
Pete joined us on a trip (My husband and I at the time) to Tennessee to breed our female, (Grand Champion Cheek's Sizzlin Sarah) in order to "procreate" Jet.  I can remember driving to Tennessee, Wayne was driving, I was sitting on the center councel, and Pete had the passenger seat, and as we drove through the corn fields in the pitch dark night, Pete started to chant  "CH-CH-CH---Hu-Hu-Hu"... and Wayne slapped his hand on the outside of the truck and Pete would chant... "J-J-J-Jason"...from Friday the 13th. I was so scared. They did this until I was almost into tears... I look now and I wouldn't trade that night for anything in the world. 

Pete had broken his arm one time or fractured it, I can't remember, but his arm was in a cast, and he used to come over all the time to our house, and I would ask him to chop my shoulders, because I have always had stress in my shoulders, and he "chopped" me a bit too hard at first and I was SO HURTING from this, but he didn't realize it was going to hurt me. Pete felt so bad...apologized over and over...

When I gave birth to my youngest son Cory, Pete came up to the hospital with my ex, to see me. He had a small vase of flowers for me. I asked him if he wanted to see the baby, and he said that he "already did". I didn't understand how he could have since the baby had been with me in my room the whole time, and he replied, "I seen him last night already on the camcorder". And because I was "ni-eve" (and medicated) it was like "OH DUH KAMMY!" for me...again, we had a great laugh!!!
My best memories of Pete are with the kids... Dancing the "Macarena" with them "back in the day". I remember the "neighborhood" coming over and playing "excite bike" in the Nintendo for weeks at a time...You could always tell when it was Peter walking down the street by the way his hair "bopped" with the movement of his walk. We would laugh about it. I believe it is even on video tape...in fact, I know it is...because Pete just had this "Happy" walk about him all the time...

The first time I had ever been in a "MOSH PIT" was when I was at the RAVE to see Pete (and the other guys from the band) and Derek ("Duck")perform. If it wasn't for Deelane I believe, I would have been seriously hurt because I was standing where the "pit" was, talking to Deelane, when the music started and EVERYONE took off in my direction to "mosh"! Deelane grabbed me out of the way! (WHEW!) I knew quickly what it now means to "MOSH". (I was never into that type of music, I was there to show my love and support to Pete. I cheered as loud as I could. I was sooo proud of him! Whenever I "see" Pete, I hear his laughter... He had a wonderful laugh.
I knew Peter since he was 16. His bond my Ex was something special. They fed off each other's energy and THOSE are days that I will CHERISH in my memories!

I havn't talked to Pete in years...and now he is gone. I can not describe the pain I feel in my heart. I wish things would have turned out differently for many of us...and now, especially Peter...He is just simply "Gone too Soon".

I miss you Pete...I only wish that in this lifetime, you would have known how much you meant to me. 

You saved me from SOOO much abuse, stress and tribulations, to say the least... Pete...I will NEVER forget you...
All My Love and Friendship... <3    R.I.P

No comments:

Post a Comment